Filed under: Jason Pinter, Killer Year Founders, Killer Year Members, KillerYear.com
1) Arizona looks just like New Jersey, only with palm trees (credit Sarah Weinman).
2) Pretty much any panel where they serve booze is going to be fun. It’s an added bonus if the panel is about sex as well. I will never again think about inserting Tab A into Tab B without laughing. Or hear someone say, “This is the thrust of what I’m saying” without thinking of John Lecroart. Um, ok, let’s move on.
3) Steve Berry has an AWESOME southern accent. He makes me want to raise him on a farm. (Funniest moment of the “Sex and Booze” panel: Steve Berry recalling a conversation with his ex-wife after THE AMBER ROOM was published, where she told him to stop writing sex scenes because he should stick to writing what he knows)
4) Rob Gregory Browne would make a really good P.I. That is, if we didn’t learn he’d do pretty much anything for $10.
5) Douglas Preston owns a terrific collection of floral shirts.
6) The Killer Year class is just an awesome group of people. But Marcus Sakey is too attractive to be a part of it. Something might need to be done about this.
7) When a writer asks a doctor how much money they make, it’s considered rude. When a doctor asks how much money a writer makes, they have a moral obligation to answer.
8) Alexandra Sokoloff has a fall-back job that pays better than writing. That’s just not right.
9) I’m really jealous of Allison Brennan’s delivery schedule.
10) Phil Hawley makes us all feel like we need to work out more (this might have had something to do with meeting him for this first time as he came back from the gym all good and sweaty)
11) R.L. Stine is just about the funniest person alive. Seriously. No, really.
12) If I’m ever arrested, I could do a lot worse than having Paul Levine or Michele Martinez represent me.
13) Jim Born sounds like he’s been on a lot of witness stands.
14) Women think Barry Eisler is really hot. We might have to kill Barry Eisler.
15) Christine Kling’s life sounds a hell of a lot more exciting than any character I’ve read in a book.
16) Harley Jane Kozak wasn’t totally appalled when I told her I was a big fan of “Necessary Roughness” and “Arachnophobia.”
17) The MIRA folks are really freaking cool. And if they ever decide not to renew my contract, I learned some dirt (thanks to those margaritas) that I’m totally using for blackmail.
18) Killer Year t-shirts looks pretty great on an important critic (David J. Montgomery) and a New York Times bestselling author (Allison Brennan).
19) Thanks to Tess Gerritsen, I now know what a body looks like after it’s fallen out of a plane. (urp)
20) With just a little more pushing, we could have gotten David Terrenoire to walk into that sorority function.
21) If I hear, “I have six manuscripts, can I send them to you?” one more time, I will commit a homicide.
22) If a person argues with you during your panel, it doesn’t matter what you say. They’re right. Accept it and move on.
23) Thriller writers are not big fans of the New York Times.
24) Every person who’s ever written a thriller is represented by Scott Miller.
25) I can’t WAIT to read the books by the class of 2007. And meeting a lot of them in person only made me want to read them more.
Now I had to leave early to attend a wedding, so hopefully other KY members can add to this list…Have at it…
13 Comments so far
Leave a comment